Grow With Us careers
Sales Representative – NJ, NY, PA
Salary: $40,000 Base + Commission | Type of work: Full Time | Date Posted: March 2, 2022
- Do you have a proven record of growing a business by increasing sales, adding new clients and developing relationships and opportunities?
- Do you have the skills to help educate an older industry on new ways for consumers to celebrate their loved one’s life?
- Are you passionate about giving people the option to plan their loved one’s funeral in a way that aligns with their values?
- Are you attracted to working with a team of people to change an industry through the design, production, sale, and distribution of cutting edge and sustainable funeral products?
Passages International is looking for sales representatives to bring our innovative and green funeral products to funeral homes in the northeast and in the western region. Successful candidates will have a proven record of growing sales and possessing an affinity for green and sustainable industries.
Passages International is driving change in an industry ready for disruption and looking for motivated salespeople with industry experience to execute the sales goals and grow the territory and company to the next level. The building blocks have been laid and the industry data aligns with our position in the market and products we create.
This position is responsible for the sale of Passages International products throughout a geographic region and for driving rapid growth. The main customers are Funeral Homes, Crematories, Cemeteries and Distributors. Included is a pet product line that is sold to Pet Crematories, Cemeteries and Veterinarians.
Passages International, Inc. was founded in 1999, as the now rapidly growing demand for green and natural funerals was in its infancy. Passages is dedicated to providing the best, most sustainable solutions to those seeking environmentally friendly funeral options, including scattering solutions, biodegradable urns, eco-friendly caskets, and dignified cremation containers. We design most of our products and produce many in-house. We stand behind our unsurpassed quality and service and are proud to offer the largest selection of natural funeral products available.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets
- Applies knowledge and history with large key account connections in the market
- Achieve the sales objectives of the company using best practices in organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities.
- Ensures a high level of customer satisfaction is achieved and maintained
- Actively involved with business accounts to provide product orientation, and product training
- Target, manage and develop key accounts to increase account revenue through broadened product line offerings
- Negotiates contracts, closes the sale, and develops plans for contract accounts
- Communicates with Customer Service and Inside Sales to effectively coordinate and service key accounts
- Attends trade shows and assists with the planning of sales exhibits.
- Reports to company management on customer comments regarding company products and provides feedback on industry developments or product development opportunities
- Participates in education and training conferences on selling and marketing programs
- Keeps informed of new products, services and other general information of interest to customers.
- Checks on competitive activity and develops new methods for retaining customers and securing new accounts.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent Experience (preferred)
- Minimum 2 to 5 years field sales experience
- Funeral products related sales with a current list of buyers/contacts (preferred)
- Experience in NetSuite and/or ERP/CRM systems (preferred)
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
$40,000 Base Salary + Uncapped Commission. Mileage and Travel expenses are reimbursed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Passages International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability, or serious medical condition.
This Job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor or department manager within the organization.