Grow With Us careers
Inside Sales / Customer Service Representative
Salary: $31,200 - $40,000 per year | Type of work: Full Time | Date Posted: December 7, 2021
The Inside Sales/Customer Service Representative will focus on answering customer phone calls and online communications regarding placing new orders, order status and assisting with any customer facing questions or inquiries. Communication and phone calls will need to be noted in the ERP system while providing excellent customer service and detailed product knowledge. The position will play a fundamental role in achieving our ambitious customer acquisition and revenue growth objectives. Must be comfortable making outbound calls, working with a team, generating interest, qualifying prospects and closing sales.
Passages International offers a commission program to all Inside Sales/Customer Service staff on select items in addition to the hourly wage. Hourly wages start at $15 / hour and can increase after completion of 90 days. There is no limit on commissions, so an excellent sales process could result in total earnings well above $40,000 per year. Eligibility for the commissions will be effective upon completion of the first two weeks of training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process incoming telephone and email orders. Provide pricing, product and delivery information upon request of customers.
- Quote and process various shipping requests and inquiries.
- Identify areas of opportunities with current customers to upsell and suggest sell. Develop relationships and manage customer accounts.
- Introduce new products or products the customer has not tried before.
- Process payments and ensure customer accounts are current.
- Develop new sales opportunities through inbound lead follow-up and outbound cold calls and emails. Utilize ERP and CRM to record customer interactions and actions taken.
- Communicate and coordinate with internal departments. Work to achieve sales goals while working mistake-free.
- Resolve customer issues in a timely manner. Formulate resolution and response to customer issues. Document and manage via tickets. Understand customer needs and requirements.
- Be proactive and take initiative.
- Various projects delegated by other departments.
Education: HS Diploma or Equivalent, associated degree or higher preferred.
Required Skills / Abilities:
- Experience with Microsoft Office, domestic and international shipping, and general office work.
- Experience with ERP and CRM systems. (preferred)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong background in customer service a must.
- Good organizational, time management and multitasking abilities.
- Strong attention to detail with accuracy.
- Must be flexible, self-directed and have the ability to handle changing priorities and manage time efficiently.
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team.
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions.
Specialized Knowledge, Licenses, etc.:
- MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Knowledge of business-to-business sales and general business best practices.
- 1+ year of Customer Service Experience.
- Netsuite Oracle ERP (Preferred)
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $31,200 – $40,000 per year
Starting Pay: $15.00 per hour
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Profit sharing
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No nights
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Albuquerque, NM 87113: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Passages International, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals
without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, marital status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap or disability, or serious
This Job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and perform other job-related duties as requested by their supervisor or department manager within the organization.